Guide to Educational Sessions
Unless otherwise indicated, attendance at the session is included in the price of convention registration.
- Pre-convention (PC) Workshops are concurrent sessions held Saturday and Sunday before the official opening of convention. There is an additional fee to attend, which includes a continental breakfast at morning workshops and beverages and snacks at afternoon workshops.
- General Sessions (GS) are one-hour keynote sessions and open to all registrants. Most general sessions include brief acknowledgements of members receiving awards for everything from extraordinary bedside nursing skills to excellence in writing, research and advocacy.
- Nursing Excellence Sessions (NE) are four concurrent 75-minute sessions held immediately after the Opening Ceremony that are designed to get your convention experience off to a great start.
- Specialty Sessions (A, B/C, D, E, F/G, H, I) are 60- or 90-minute presentations. These presentations offer attendees the opportunity to hear experts present the most current information on a variety of clinical, professional and research topics.
- Oral Paper Presentations (IP, R, QIP) will focus either on an Innovative Program, Original Research, or Quality Improvement Project.
- The Poster Room is an independent study of Innovative Program, Case Study, Evidence-Based Practice Projects, Quality Improvement Projects and Research Posters. Poster presenters will be available to discuss their work at specified times, or visit when it suits you and contact the presenter directly with questions.
- Symposia (S) are 75-minute sessions conducted by AWHONN staff, leaders of healthcare, or partners.